Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting Ready for Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011




Sermon for Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011
“Margin”


Set List for Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011

Like A Lion
Daniel Bashta
From the cd “Awakening” by Passion

Glorious Day
Michael Bleeker & Mark Hall
From the cd “Until the Whole World Hears” by Casting Crowns

How He Loves
John Mark McMillon
From the cd “Church Music” by David Crowder Band

All Because of Jesus
Steve Fee
From the cd “We Shine” by Fee

God is doing some amazing things in Central Arkansas. Oasis has been blessed with some incredible experiences during our times of worship for the past several weeks. We have always had a great spirit of worship in our services, but the past few weeks have been like nothing I have ever seen. Let’s continue this week preparing our hearts every day for our time together. Let’s also come prepared to be obedient to the Spirit, and expect huge things.

This is Easter Sunday, so we fully expect to have a lot of visitors. I have been inviting like crazy, and hope that you will join me in this as well. We begin a new series called “Margin” which I’m sure is something that many of us lack in our lives. I’m really excited to see what God will do through this new series

Our music this week mainly focuses on Easter in one way or another. I love the song “Like A Lion” as it states clearly that we believe not only that our God is not dead, but that He is living inside of those who are believers. I also like the picture it gives from Hosea 11 of our God “roaring like a lion”. It says that when He roars, His children will come trembling. In Hosea they where returning from being away from God. I think this so pertains to us today. Our God is not dead! He’s surely alive.

“Glorious Day” is a remake of a traditional hymn that Casting Crowns did on their cd “Until the Whole World Hears”. The lyrics give us such a clear telling of the story of Christ, and reminds us that one day He will return.

“How He Loves” is a reminder of the love that it took for Christ to give His life for us. I know how unlovable I can be on some of my best days. It’s so humbling to remember that even in all of my sinfulness, Christ died for me.

We will finish up the music portion of the service with a celebration and proclamation of “All Because of Jesus”. This is still one of my all time favorite songs as it reminds us that without Christ, we are nothing. Everything we have is because of Him.

I’m really expecting a big day on Sunday as we come together for worship. Please take time to better prepare yourself for our time together by listening to the songs in the chart above. I want our voices to “roar” from start to finish this week as we proclaim the message of Christ. I so look forward to worshipping with you on Sunday.

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment