Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting Ready for Sunday, June 14th

Sermon for Sunday June 14, 2009

“Moving Beyond Yourself”
When God is moving us in a particular direction, our tendency is to ask, “how will this effect me?” Selfishness often keeps us from being obedient to God. We must get over ourselves, if we are going to follow God. Today, we will see how Rahab risked it all to help others and to be obedient to God.

Set List for June 14, 2009

Song
Author
Recording

Indescribable
Laura Story
“See the Morning”Chris Tomlin

There Is No Greater Love
Doug Mickan
NA

When I Think About the Lord
James Huey
“Carry Away”Shane & Shane

Hosanna
Paul BalocheBrenton Brown
“A Greater Song”Paul Baloche

I Could Sing of Your Love Forever
Martin Smith
“Cutting Edge”Delirious

My Cry For Mercy
John & Christina Anderson
NA

To God Be the Glory
Fanny CrosbyWilliam Doane
Traditional Hymn

What a great start to our series about Rahab on Sunday! I’m really looking forward to the next 3 weeks of the series. Due to VBS, Camps, etc… Our blogs will probably be a shorter than normal, so please bear with me for the next few weeks. I am very excited about Sunday as we go Acoustic/Djembe` this week. Be sure to check out the music in the chart above so you can be better prepared for Sunday. “Hosanna” is another new song to Oasis, so spend a little extra time on that one. Also Sunday night we kick off VBS Crocodile Dock! We’ll be “Rockin” this dock, so stop on by to see some awesome times of worship. I’ll look forward to worshiping with you Sunday.

Bro. Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment